As we all know about the importance of water, it is as much important to live as air to us. Our body needs water time to time and it can be dangerous if we do not take water according to our body requirement. Do you know what role does water play in our body? Every single cell of our body needs water because 60% of our body is made up of water. Also water helps in transportation of Oxygen and Minerals to our cells through Blood. And about 83% of blood contains water.
Now the question arise that what could be the actual amount of water that we should consume in a day? On an average 2 to 3 litres is required by our body but it also depends on environmental condition that we will discuss further.
- IMPORTANCE OF WATER IN OUR BODY
- Water plays an important role in transporting oxygen and various minerals to our body through blood.
- Water is also important for digestion of food in our body.
- Water helps us in getting rid of toxic elements through urine.
- Water plays a vital role in preventing various skin ailments.
Consumption of water in improper way or not according to the requirements of body may lead your body to the following several problems:
- Dry skin
- Kidney stones
- Joint pain
- Stomach ailments
- Liver problems
- Body weakness and tiredness
- Uric acid
- Weakness in veins and arteries
- Hair fall
- Dry mouth due to lack of saliva
- Blocked arteries and veins
WHEN YOU SHOULD DRINK WATER
It is very important to consume water time to time but consuming too much water can also create problems to our body. According to Ayurveda, we should drink water while sitting and also in sips. Drinking water in sips take our mouth enzyme to our stomach. According to Ayurveda, water should be taken in the following time periods:
- About 600 – 800 ml at morning time with empty stomach.
- 200 -300 ml before and after 30 -40 minutes of breakfast lunch and dinner.
- 200 ml of water 40 minutes before going to bed.
Drinking water at morning time with empty stomach helps our body to excrete body toxins. Drinking water before food help in digestion of food. It also decrease the risk of heart attack if you drink water before going to bed but in a limited amount.
WHEN YOU SHOULD NOT DRINK WATER
- We should not drink water immediately before and after eating food as it dilutes our digestive juices and that leads to a very bad effect on our digestive system.
- We should not drink too much water before going to bed.
- Do not drink water while sweating especially cold water, it leaves a bad impact on our brain, skin and other body parts.
- Do not drink water immediately after urinal.
Dehydration is the condition in our body when the percentage of water is less than the required. It may leads to your weakness and makes you unconscious for a while.
Some of the causes of dehydration
- It is caused when we do not drink enough water as per requirements.
- It can also be called when will lose more than intake.
Fluid is lost from our body through sweat, tears, vomiting and also in respiration and digestion. The severity of dehydration depends on the level of physical activity ,climate conditions,etc. Therefore the importance of water is increased in this condition.
Dehydration may leads to:
- Dry lips and mouth.
- Tiredness or dizziness.
- Decreased urine output.
- More yellow urine than usual.
What should we do in condition of dehydration?
- Decrease physical activity as it is the major cause of dehydration.
- Take some water immediately in sips.
- Sit in a comfortable position away from sun( if dehydration is due to sun).